Marc covers the following topics:
• What is estate planning and why is it so important?
• How much does it cost to hire an estate attorney?
• Can I do my own estate planning using software? Why do I need an attorney?
• What is the difference between a will and a trust?
• What is probate and how do I avoid it?
• What is an advanced directive and why is it important?
• What are the big mistakes that people make when doing estate planning?
• What are the recent changes to the federal estate tax and how do they affect us boomers?
• What is step-up in regards to capital gains and why it’s so important in estate planning?
• What is portability in regards to capital gains and how can this benefit a surviving spouse?
• How can we avoid family disputes and hurt feelings with siblings settling an estate?
• How can I set up my estate to make it as easy as possible for my children and heirs?
Marc is focused on delivering superior and efficient legal services and is fully committed to his clients. He believes that the best way to practice law is to prevent legal problems from arising in the first place by early counseling.
Marc is a member of the Bar Association of San Francisco, the San Mateo County Bar Association and the California State Bar Association. He has served for many years as a judge pro–tem and as an arbitrator for the San Francisco Superior Court. He is also a trained mediator. Marc appears regularly as an on–air guest on KALW’s “Your Legal Rights” regarding landlord–tenant matters. He has also taught general business law to college students.
Marc is a graduate of Georgetown University and Golden Gate University School of Law.
Click Here to go to Marc Seidenfeld’s website
Click Here to go to Marc Seidenfeld’s contact page
How to Subscribe and leave a review for The Essential Boomer podcast
I really appreciate your interest and support. Subscribing and leaving a review for my podcast is by far the best way to get it seen by more people. CLICK HERE to subscribe and/or to leave a review to THE ESSENTIAL BOOMER podcast on iTunes.