In episode 61, I have a fascinating conversation with Victoria Hahn, MS, RDN, about prolonged fasting with the Fasting Mimicking Diet ®
Victoria is the Nutrition Science Liaison for L-Nutra, the leaders in the field of nutrition related to longevity and health-span.
L-Nutra develops nutri-technologies that mimic the effects of fasting, to enhance the body’s natural ability to rejuvenate itself and promote longevity.
Victoria is a Registered Dietitian and Nutrition Science Liaison with a Master of Science in Nutrition, Health-span, and Longevity from the University of Southern California.
She also functions as an inpatient clinical dietitian and has a background in nutrition research covering a wide range of topics including nutritional sufficiency in specific populations and the ketogenic diet. She has a passion for research and evidence-based practice.
Fasting has become a popular lifestyle-hack that has been proven to provide some impressive physical changes that have a direct impact on extending health span as well as a lot of promise when it comes to the future treatment of many of the diseases that we associate with aging.
If you’ve never heard of Dr. Longo, trust me, you will. He is one of, if not the, foremost researchers on anti-aging in the world.
He has focused many years of research on prolonged fasting. Dr. Longo’s research, along with many other’s, has shown that prolonged fasting instigates rejuvenating changes that can affect every cell in your body.
Dr. Longo developed the Fasting Mimicking Diet ® as a means to make the many benefits of prolonged fasting accessible to most everybody.
In this in-depth podcast, Victoria Hahn MS, RDN answers the following questions about the Fasting mimicking diet ® :
• What is prolonged fasting and how is it different than time-restricted eating?
• Who is Valter Longo, PhD and how has he been involved with prolonged fasting research?
• Why did he develop the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• Is prolonged fasting with the Fasting Mimicking Diet® safe for everybody?
• What is in the ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• What happens to your body when you fast with the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• Does my body go into ketogenesis on the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• Are there any potential problems with trying to create your own Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• How does one prepare for a fast using the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• Can I exercise while on the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• Can I resume eating normally when the fast is over®?
• Can I continue to take my usual supplements during the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• What should I do if I am still hungry during the fast?
• What kind of support does L-Nutra provide for people fasting with the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• Do you have any tips to help improve the Fasting Mimicking Diet® fasting experience?
• Where can people find out more about prolonged fasting with the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
• Do you have any final words you’d like to share for people who are considering doing a 5-day fast with the Fasting Mimicking Diet®?
Come join Laura & me on our very first fast with the Fasting Mimicking Diet ® – July 2019!
Learn about the truth about fasting in this FREE E:Report
Learn all about ProLon and the Fasting Mimicking Diet ®
If you are a healthcare provider would like Join the 7,800 practitioners that Are offering the Fasting Mimicking Diet ® at their Clinics than click on the button below.
Come join the Essential Boomer Members Community Private Facebook Group!
CLICK HERE to send an email to Jim Jensen
CLICK HERE to help support The Essential Boomer
And…I would be remiss not to give a big thanks to my favorite blues guitar player of all time, Mr. Dave Hydie for generously providing such a great intro and outro for each of my podcasts. I love you Dave, you da man.
The statements on this site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.