Listen to This!
In episode 54, I’m very honored to have Joe D. Goldstrich MD, FACC, as a repeat guest on the Medical Pot Guide.
Dr. Joe, as he likes to be called, is board-certified in internal medicine, cardiology and clinical lipidology, and Vice President for Scientific Affairs with Natural State Healthcare, an Arkansas corporation awaiting licensure. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Society of Cannabis Clinicians.
From 2012 to 2014 Dr. Joe personally worked with and learned from over 3500 California patients seeking medical cannabis recommendations for a wide variety of medical conditions.
In 2014, after seeing definitive scans demonstrating regression of tumors following treatment with cannabis, he has devoted himself to learning how to better accomplish these results. Applying evidence-based principles learned from a long career in traditional and integrative medicine, Dr. Joe has utilized pre-clinical research to create therapeutic state-of-the-art anti-neoplastic cannabis therapeutic protocols.
This is a very important and highly informative update to our first interview that we did a few years ago. In this interview, Dr. Joe brings us up to date on the latest research and protocols for treating cancer with medical cannabis.
This is cutting edge information that you need to know if you’re treating cancer with cannabis.
Dr. Joe also has generously provided us with the detailed notes to his Denver presentation. This PDF provides detailed information on the latest in creating effective medicine as well as protocols on how best to utilize it.
CLICK HERE to access the PDF of Dr. Joe’s power-point presentation from the MJ for Medical Professionals conference in Denver, Colorado. It contains detailed information on the topics discussed in this podcast. Don’t miss it!
In this interview, Dr. Joe discusses the following topics:
- Dr. Joe shares the big changes that have happened in his personal and professional life since our previous podcast 2 years ago.
- Dr. Joe talks about the panel discussion that he hosted at CannMed in Southern California
- Dr. Joe talks about 2 very important research articles that recently came out on treating cannabis with cancer.
- Dr. Joe talks about the basics of how cannabis affects cancer cells.
- Dr. Joe talks about the differences between a cultivar and a chemovar and how they are applied to treating cancer with cannabis.
- Dr. Joe talks about his plans to reformulate cannabis in Arkansas.
- Dr. Joe talks about how you use different formulations for treating different types of tumors.
- Dr. Joe talks about Dr. Bonnie Goldstein and the protocols she uses for her pediatric patients.
- Dr. Joe talks about a specific study using Satavex.
- Dr. Joe talks about how to determine the THC/CBD ratio for each tumor type.
- Dr. Joe talks about the acidic forms, (raw), of cannabis and why they should be used in the formulations for treating cancer.
- Dr. Joe talks about the specific protocol that he has been using to treat cancer.
- Dr. Joe talks about the enormous variability and complexity of creating formulations for treating cancer.
- Dr. Joe talks about hemp vs cannabis extracts.
- Dr. Joe talks about the use of cannabis suppositories as a treatment for cancer.
- Dr. Joe talks about the efficacy of combining chemotherapy AND cannabis for treating cancer.
- Dr. Joe talks about combing supplements, prolonged fasting and immuno-therapy with cannabis to treat cancer.
- Dr. Joe talks about how the medical community is coming on board with the use of medical cannabis to treat cancer.
- Dr. Joe provides his advice for newly diagnosed cancer patients who are interested in using medical cannabis.
- Dr. Joe talks about available online resources that he recommends for obtaining more information on treating cancer with cannabis.
- Dr. Joe summarizes his advice on dosing and cancer protocols for treating cancer.