In episode 34, Chris Crowley, author of the Younger Next Year books, talks about how exercise and a healthy lifestyle can turn back the clock … and he’s living proof!
Chris has been very influential to me over the last decade. He is the New York Times best-selling co– author, with Henry S. Lodge M.D., of Younger Next Year – A guide to Living like 50 until you’re 80 and beyond.
This book has been instrumental to me for establishing my adaptive fitness training business. It is my bible and number one source for motivating my boomer and beyond clients to establish an active and healthy lifestyle. I love his no BS, non-negotiable approach to the exercise required to truly turn back your biological clock. Chris has also authored Younger Next Year for Women, Thinner This Year, The Younger Next Year Journal and a soon to be released book on Fitness.
Beside an author of books and his Younger Next Year blog, he is also an attorney, a keynote speaker and the host of total immersion retreats in Aspen, Colorado. Needless to say retirement is not in his lexicon.
In the interview, Chris answers the following questions:
- Tell us a bit about who you are and what you do.
- Your book, Younger next year was very influential to me personally and it obviously is very biographical for you. Can you tell us the story of how you came to write that book?
- In your teachings you talk about the good life as being a 3 legged stool. What do you mean by that?
- It has now been 10 years since you wrote Younger next year and obviously you are your own testimonial for your teachings. How has adapting this lifestyle affected your own life up to now?
- A lot of us boomers find it difficult to adapt to a healthy lifestyle that we can stick with. What do you see as the biggest mistake that most baby boomers make when it comes to trying to establish a healthy lifestyle?
- In your book, you make references to Kedges. What are Kedges and why are they so important?
- You also started to host retreats in Aspen, Colorado. Can you tell us a bit about these total immersion and mini retreats?
- Do you have any parting advice that you’d like to share with your fellow boomers?
CLICK HERE to contact Chris Crowley
CLICK HERE to go to the Younger Next Year Blog/Website
CLICK HERE to find out about the Total Immersion and Mini Retreats
CLICK HERE to order Chris’s new book, Younger Next Year: The Exercise Program: Use the Power of Exercise to Reverse Aging and Stay Strong, Fit, and Sexy
CLICK HERE to order any other of Chris’s books
CLICK HERE to go to the Younger Next Year’s Facebook Page
CLICK HERE to listen to to my podcast Discover The Fountain of Youth, based on Chris’s book, Younger Next Year
How to Subscribe and leave a review for The Essential Boomer podcast
I really appreciate your interest and support. Subscribing and leaving a review for my podcast is by far the best way to get it seen by more people. CLICK HERE to subscribe and/or to leave a review to THE ESSENTIAL BOOMER podcast on iTunes.
Thank you so much!